Monday, April 11, 2011

Peer Review

Alyssa: Prompt 42 - Very short, and a side effect of shortness is being conciseness. This felt like a carpe diem piece, the "monotony" of everyday life that can slap the apathy out of you. Your next piece, "Unjustified eating" is, more or less, another statement story about the extremes of eating. The style, while contrasting the two, is nonchalant. That seems to be your overall style, to me at least, the sort of breathless tone.

Chelsee: Your first piece, "Hurt" describes the melancholy atmosphere of a funeral. Unfortunately, we've all been there and felt what you wrote. The style coincides nicely with the story and the language was appropriate. "Autism Awareness Month" was a good piece about the treatment of those with autism. I feel your disdain for those who treat others so poorly. I liked your story.

Leena: "Sleep Walkers" I see what you did there with the large font. I'm assuming this was based on a night before a test or finals. If so, that seems about right. The style was right for tireless activity. Your next one, "Unjustified Revenge" aptly fits the oxymoronic title. People are fun, aren't they? I thought this was a good story, it kept the reader interested and didn't veer off course. Even though it was, what I assume to be, an emotional piece for you to write, you managed to remain within yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment