Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peer Review

Alyssa: "She who taught me" was an emotional piece and those are difficult to stay on task with. You do it well here. It was relatively short and descriptive in the sense a graphic novel would be, good job on the prompt. The next one, "La rad's stickers" is from what looks like the journal of a small child. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of this style, it looks too much like that journal entry. Even though the prompt asks for a child's perspective, I think we can still perform at a high level.

Chelsee: "Faith" A strength for this one was conveying your tone and emotion to the reader. Though, the writing was a bit off, nothing a quick read through wouldn't have fixed for you. "The redneck" this post reflects your desire to own a big ol' truck. Again, I'm sure I've mentioned it before, I feel all of out blog posts are too short to really be considered a story. For example, I think digging a bit into your experience of meeting your biological dad would have been more intriguing than just your love of trucks.

Leena: "Lost But Not..." You breeze by a potentially great story. Had you gone in depth with this post I feel it could have been really good. It's like reading a synopsis to a movie, it's a bit frustrating. Prompt 52, I said the same thing to Alyssa, even though the prompt asks for a child's perspective, I feel we can still write at a high level. It was like reading a journal entry from a small child, and we can improve from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment