Tuesday, February 1, 2011

News, News, News..

Taco Bell made fairly small headlines the other day. The reason being; meat is apparently not on their menu. It’s claimed that only 35% of their meat is - well, meat. The lawsuit was eventually met with a defense by the taco chain claiming that their meat is well over 80% FDA approved meat with the remaining bit their “secret recipe”. I always cringe a bit when I hear a major company boast that they have a secret recipe.

If anyone has had the unfortunate occurrence at eating at Taco Bell, this comes to no surprise. I’ve stopped eating there a few years ago, with an exception whenever the Diamondbacks scored six or more runs (shameless advertisement plug). Every time I would eat three of their admittedly delicious soft tacos, my stomach would strongly disagree. Now, I’m not exactly known for my iron stomach, but Taco Bell especially caused me some pain. Maybe I should jump on the lawsuit bandwagon

Through the years of not eating Taco Bell, I’ve been persuaded by Jack in the Box and their tacos. They might posses about 2% more actual meat than Taco Bell. Really, I’m not sure the story here is that Taco Bell doesn’t use people food. To me, the story is more about the state of our fast food. I’m almost afraid to look at the food before I eat the stuff, using the old ignorance is bliss approach. In no way am I advocating a boycott or anything like that, the food they sell is cheap, and cheap things are good things. If anything I’m just deciding for myself to avoid these foods and maybe learn to cook. Though, that is a mighty big maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment