Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Peer Review: Group Two: Week VI

Katie Arrivas -
Strengths: "Bad Brains" Having been to quite a few concerts, I know exactly that feeling. Though I've never exactly been the youngest demographic, so that was fun to read about. I thought you conveyed the events and tone smoothly in your writing. I thought you gave "the punks" strong characteristics that made them unique in your story. "All-American" strengths: Onomonopia! You brought us a scene that we all know very well and you described it beautifully. Short and sweet and ketchupy. A very good overview of an All-American eats.
Weaknesses: The only problem I had was Andrew randomly finding his way into the story, I was under the impression it was only two of you. If I misread it, I'm terribly sorry.

Kimberly Thomas-
Strengths: Your post, "Wild Ride", brought an excellent voice and atmosphere in the writing. The rainy and foggy scene brought a calming element to me, and slowly the danger mounted. The ending was very well played out, if a bit short compared to the build up. Your grammar and sentence structure were both very well done. For "An Ethnic Melody" I never considered the origins of Buffalo Wings, though I was always a bit curious. Thanks to you, I now know! You set the table great in the introduction, and th culture salivated from the writing. The food tied in nicely to the culture. Again, your grammar and structure was exceptional.
Weaknesses: I feel like a failure to constantly come up short of weaknesses, but that's probably a good thing.

Nicola Simmons - Did not complete in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment