Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Peer Review: Group 4: Week Something.

Alyssa: For "Bill T. Jones" your voice still sounds starstruck just writing about it. The story flows very well and the story is very personalized to you. One problem, which is really only an unfortunate chance, is the name Bill T. Jones itself. Repeating the name sounds very redundant and distracted me from the writing, but that's only because on the staccato style of his name. Also, in the first paragraph you used renounced instead of renowned. Small tip for blogging, if you realize you made an error after publishing, you can go back and edit without it effecting the publishing date. I know prompt 25 was a serious piece, but I found myself laughing a bit. The person you're talking to is amusing to me. That said, it's smooth, a bit enthralling and, ironically enough, the point is clear. Prompt 27 - I think creating an opposing essay on your view would be fun to do. I feel when someone writes an opinion piece, it brings out the character in the writing more so than other topics. I believe there were a few grammatical errors in the first paragraph, a few commas and such, but nothing major.

Chelsea: Your grandpa sounds like he could secretly be Macgyver! I like how the piece worked around you and your Grandpa, leaving all other people - sans your parents for a quick drop off - out of the equation. I thought it gave a very personal and sincere atmosphere. For your next prompt, "Hey father..." I liked the story. It was more open than your previous post and therefore had a "wider" perspective. Sorry about the vagueness. From an outsider's point of view, I think your dad was just using the fact the boy is like a nephew as an excuse to take down a perspective interest. lol. Next up, "What is love?" again, like Alyssa's post, I think this would be another fun essay to write against. You seem very embedded in your belief, that much is clear. You almost get to the point of a rant, but never really come close as your points are intelligent and organized. I really enjoyed the emotion you delivered in this one.

Leena: Did not complete assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment