Thursday, March 24, 2011

Uncomfortable Serenity.

Cold concrete walls. A jagged warped gate. Weeds grown higher than my waist. Cigarette buds littering the ground. Yes, yes this will do nicely. I have come to own this inhospitable landscape, and I have since called it - my backyard. Perhaps one day I will cleanse this land and those who pilgrim to my land will be joyous. Alas they claim to be content now, as the party pilgrims are nourished with liquid mana. Though I fear their love of the nectar has clouded their judgement. Still, look at them with their sparkling smiles and ecstatic eyes. Perhaps the landscape does not affect their affection, after all. Maybe the memories that have been composed in my backyard are what attracts them? Yes, the delighted atmosphere is indeed due to the jovial spirits, not my poorly maintained land.

Isn't it queer, then, that there seems to exist a hole of misery? Anyone who feels it becomes frightened that their happiness will be stolen, never to be felt again. Ah yes, we all know the perpetrator. Jamie. She has a habit of making things, uncomfortable. Let's just avoid her and see where it goes. Maybe I'll just look over here and - nope! I've been spotted! "Oh, hi Jamie" and an apprehensive hug to you, too. "Why isn't your boyfriend here?" My God, I engaged her in conversation. What have I done? "I don't know where My boyfriend is. He should be here." Oh, what's that? You're going to keep talking to me even though I've clearly zoned out? I understand, you're needy. No, no, no, keep going, I'm good at nodding. Hand motions are being used now, a point is clearly trying to be made across. Can somebody help me? Yeah, you with the glasses and pirate hair, say something witty so I can escape. Or keep smoking, it's cool.

Help. Me. Please. Oh thank god, it's boyfriend! Now I can go socialize with the - "Where have you been?" She's causing a scene. Has she no self respect? "I was just out with Danny. I'm here now don't worry." Don't you take that tone with her! If she gets upset we all suffer. "Well I want to leave, now!" Oh hallelujah. "I want to play a game first." Has Star Trek taught you nothing? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Don't you walk over to that table, boy! He did, we're done for. "I'm leaving, I want you to come with me." Everyone is watching you two. Stop it. "I want to hang out with my friends." It's cool, you can leave. "If you don't come with me now it's over." I saw past memories, and memories that have not yet come to pass, flash before my eyes. This was it. "Ok." What do we do? Let's just awkwardly stand here. Yes, that sounds ideal. "Ok?" You do not need to repeat it, just leave him here and we can be happy! Why are those tears? Go away and cry, just please not here. You'll find no sympathy with us. "Fine!" She's gone, she has been defeated! Let all exude out awkwardness, the time has passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment